All you’ve heard about Southern manners is true, but we’re here to ask you not to hold us accountable when one of the Lowcountry’s slurp-worthy soups is in front of us! From She Crab Soup to Seafood Bouillabaisse, Charleston’s chefs never disappoint. Scroll on for the best soups in Charleston!
From its charm to its cuisine to its shopping scene, Charleston is truly one-of-a-kind! In the Holy City, you’ll find gilded bugs, a fragrance library of handcrafted candles with 100 different scents and exquisite pieces of art by local artists all on one single street. Scroll on to check out 27 unique spots to shop in Charleston and remember to save plenty of room in your luggage!
Traveling doesn’t have to result in forgetting your fitness goals when you’re traveling to Charleston! From the Lowcountry’s miles of sandy shores to its beautiful parks, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to get your steps in. Scroll on to discover some of our favorite ways to keep your health and wellness at top of mind when visiting Charleston.
1. Sign up for soulful fitness at The Works
2. Bike your way through the Holy City with Holy Spokes
3. Kayak your way through the Lowcountry’s waterways
4. Run along the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
5. Get your steps in during a walking tour
6. Unwind at the spa
The Sanctuary Spa
7. Hang ten with Isla Surf School
Isla Surf School
8. Enjoy a long walk at one of Charleston’s parks (or mix it up and challenge yourself to the climbing wall at James Island County Park!)
James Island County Park
9. Explore Charleston’s five beautiful barrier islands
10. Grab your board and head to SK8 Charleston
11. Sweat it out with Rhapsody Fitness
12. Nourish your body with the help of our Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten-Free Guide to Charleston
For more, check out these 14 Lowcountry spots to get your 10,000 steps in!
The stunning skyline views, cozy corners and crave-worthy cocktails at these bars will make leaving your hotel an uneasy task! While many cocktail bars are often pit-stops to your final destination, these unique hotel bars are destinations in themselves.
From lavender scented brioche to hand-cut currant bread stuffed with cinnamon apples to challah topped with blackberry maple syrup and mint, the Lowcountry’s skillful chefs put innovative (and scrumptious) twists on this brunch classic. Scroll on for our must-visit spots for french toast including Butcher & Bee, Félix, FIG, Halls Chophouse, Lowlife Bar and TOAST.
Hungry for more? Discover the 21 Best Brunch Spots in Charleston.
Butcher & Bee Félix FIG Halls Chophouse Lowlife Bar TOAST